We’re gearing up to launch the Local Rewards program here in Renton. We’ll be rolling out this program with a contest and giving away FREE Local Rewards cards at participating members’ businesses.
What Is Local Rewards?
Local Rewards is a way for local businesses to say “thanks for choosing local!” by offering discounts, freebies, and extras to cardholders on everything from your daily coffee to a new roof for your house. These rewards can save you a few cents on a car wash or a few hundred dollars on car repairs. And, the best news is – the cards are valid for one full year!
New deals will be added all the time. More businesses are joining our community of small businesses every week. Let your favorite local business know about Local Rewards. Maybe they’ll offer a reward too!
Local Rewards is a YOUR OPPORTUNITY, as citizens of Renton, to “put your money where your house is” and participate in the RelyLocal campaign. As we launch the Local Rewards program, we’ll be selling the cards at a reduced rate of only $15.00. (That is less than $0.04 per day for access to major savings while supporting the local community!) We do anticipate this price to increase soon, so don’t wait, buy early – buy often! They also make fantastic gift cards!
How Can I Get Local Rewards?
You will be able to purchase local rewards cards for $15 from non-profits and resellers around Renton. A hefty portion of the proceeds goes to support local charities.
Stay tuned for details about our LOCAL REWARDS SCAVENGER HUNT CONTEST where we will be giving away many free Local Rewards cards!
If you haven’t already, create a personal account on our RelyLocal site. You’re going to need it! We will announce the official launch of Local Rewards on Facebook, Twitter, this blog, Google + and on our mailing list. Please connect with us on one or more of these platforms so you don’t miss this special opportunity!
February’s “Love Our Locals” Contest
Show some love to our local businesses on the RelyLocal – Renton directory and win a pair of tickets to the Renton Civic Theater 25th Anniversary Dinner and Auction
Here’s how: from now until March 2nd, rate and review businesses that are listed on the RelyLocal – Renton directory. Reviews must be at least 30 characters long. Each action will receive entries in a drawing. Actions include writing reviews on RelyLocal – Renton, publicly promoting reviews on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Google+), and sharing this contest on social media. Drawing will be conducted on March 3rd, 2013. Winner will be notified by email.
Points will be awarded as follows:
- Write a review on the RelyLocal–Renton for a business. Qualifying reviews must be at least 30 characters long. One review per business only. – 2 entries each.
- Additional point for being the first review of a busiiness- 1 entry each
- Publicly post a link to the RelyLocal business listing reviewed on OUR Facebook wall (e.g. http://www.relylocal.com/renton-washington/business_listings/…) – 1 entry per review
- Tweet the link to the RelyLocal business listing you’ve reviewed and tag us (EXAMPLE: I just reviewed Renton Civic Theater on RelyLocal- Renton http://goo.gl/sylbC
@RelyOnRenton) – 1 entry per review
- Share a link to the RelyLocal business listing you’ve reviewed on Google+ and tag us (EXAMPLE: I just reviewed Renton Civic Theater on RelyLocal- Renton http://goo.gl/sylbC
- Tweet about this contest and tag us (EXAMPLE: Review local Renton businesses and be entered in a contest for a pair of RCT dinner & auction tickets! Details here: http://goo.gl/bZbQv) – 1 entry total
- Share about this contest and tag us on Google+ (EXAMPLE: Review local Renton businesses and be entered in a contest for a pair of RCT dinner & auction tickets! Details here: http://goo.gl/bZbQv)- 1 entry total
Good Luck and Happy Reviewing!